This post may contain affiliate links. For more info, please read our full disclosure here
The year 2020 is almost over. And if there’s anything the majority of us can agree on, it is that it has been one hell of a year.
We’ve seen quite a lot happen in just this short period of time.
So on that note, I just want to say a big thank you, and also a huge congratulations, to everyone who made it this far, because it has really been one hell of a ride.
And just from one human to another, I really hope you all are doing ok.
Nonetheless, we are here about to witness the end of this year, and the start of another.
This is usually a time for reflection over what happened in the past, and a chance to plan ahead for the future.
And while we don’t know what the New Year may bring, we can do our best to approach things with a positive attitude, and a thrive-centered mindset. Because that’ll definitely go a long way in carrying us through the year and helping us achieve our goals.
So here are 40 inspirational quotes for the New Year and a fresh start in our lives.
40 Inspirational Quotes For The New Year
1) Out with the old, in with the new. Happy New Year
2) “We all get the exact same 365 days. The only difference is what we do with them.” – Hillary DePiano
3) “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
4) “The past prepares us for the present” – Lailah Gifty Akita
5) “Celebrate endings — for they precede new beginnings.” —Jonathan Lockwood Huie
6) “Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.” —Oprah Winfrey
7) New Year — a new chapter, new verse, or just the same old story? Ultimately we write it. The choice is ours.” —Alex Morritt
8) “Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go. They merely determine where you start.” —Nido Qubein
9) “What the New Year brings to you will depend a great deal on what you bring to the New Year.” —Vern McLellan
10) “Never underestimate the power you have to take your life in a new direction.” ―Germany Kent
Also See: 50 Best Self-Care Ideas For Busy People
11) The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written.” —Melody Beattie
12) 12 new chapters, 365 new chances.
13) “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream” – C.S Lewis
14) “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude” – Maya Angelou
15) “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.”
16) ”I close my eyes to old ends. And open my heart to new beginnings.” – Nick Frederickson
17) “Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come, whispering, ‘It will be happier!” –Alfred Lord Tennyson
18) “Drop the last year into the silent limbo of the past. Let it go, for it was imperfect, and thank God that it can go.”
– Brooks Atkinson
19) “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” — Albert Einstein
20) “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
21) “To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.” – Winston Churchill
22) “For last year’s words belong to last year’s language. And next year’s words await another voice.”
– T.S. Eliot
23) “It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.” – William Shakespeare
24) “The beginning is the most important part of the work.” – Plato
25) “Tomorrow is the first black page of a 365-page book. Write a good one.” – Brad Paisley
26) “Celebrate endings—for they precede new beginnings.” – Jonathan Huie
27) “To greet a lovely morning, we must leave the night behind” – Tarang Sinha
28) “Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes it in yet?”
29) “You are never too old to reinvent yourself.” – Steve Harvey
30) “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.”
31) “I close my eyes to old ends. And open my heart to new beginnings.” – Nick Frederickson
32) “If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello.” – Paulo Coehlo
33) “Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly”. – Barbara Haines Howett
34) “Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely.” —Karen Kaiser Clark
35) Don’t let today’s disappointments cast a shadow on tomorrow’s dreams.
36) “Life’s not about expecting, hoping and wishing, it’s about doing, being and becoming.” —Mike Dooley
37) “I don’t know where I’m going from here, but I promise it won’t be boring.” —David Bowie
38) “This is a new year. A new beginning. And things will change.” —Taylor Swift
39) “Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other” – Abraham Lincoln
40) “Strength shows not only the ability to persist, but the ability to start over” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
Don’t forget to save these inspirational quotes for the year ahead, and share with your friends and loved ones as well.
I wish you a happy new year, and wonderful beginnings.