This post may contain affiliate links. For more info, please read our full disclosure here
When it comes to Nature’s sweet gifts (A.K.A fruits), strawberries are one option we really love, and for good reason too.
Their sweet taste and nutritional goodness, among other things, make the proud star of many yummy recipes. And while they’re usually in season around the spring/summertime, they can still be enjoyed year round.
When it comes to yummy recipes to make with this amazing fruit, there’s certainly no shortage of options. If you’re looking for the best strawberry recipes to make this season, then you’re in the right place.
Here, you’ll discover 35 amazing strawberry desserts to satisfy your cravings. These yummy berry treats are super easy to make, and incredibly tasty too.
From the best cookies, to cheesecakes, cakes, pies, and lots more. No matter the occasion, you can count on these yummy strawberry desserts to save the day.
We’ve also included a few tips to help you choose the best berries when shopping, as well as the best storage tips to help boost the shelf life of your strawberries.
Let’s get right into it.
Some Tips For Choosing The Best Strawberries
When you go shopping for any sort of fresh produce, you definitely want to be choosing the best of the best. And just like every other fresh produce, you’ll find some really good strawberries, and some not so good ones.
For some people, it’s not always that easy to tell at first glance, and you might end up picking the mushy or boring-tasting ones. You certainly don’t want that.
Here are some useful tips to help you pick the best ones the next time you go shopping.
1) Brighter is better
The color of your berry tells a lot about it. Unlike bananas which can ripen further after they’ve been picked, other fruits (like strawberries) don’t. So basically, what you see is what you get.
A bright red color indicates maximum ripeness, and you can generally expect the sweetest taste from those types.
You may find some strawberries with a greenish/yellowish color around the top. This usually shows they weren’t plucked at peak ripeness, and may not taste as nice as the fully red ones.
2) Check The Leaves
The leaves are also another important indicator that show how fresh your berry is. Freshly picked strawberries will have fresh green leaves on top of them.
As time passes, nature takes its course, and the leaves, like any other, begin to wilt. Severely wilted leaves shows the berry has been there a while and is probably nearing the end of its shelf life.
3) Take Advantage Of The Season
While you can generally find strawberries in stores year round, you’re likely to run into the freshest and juiciest kinds around its official season. For people in the states, that’s around late spring through summer.
Out of season berries can be great too. But considering the distance they have to travel to get to you, and the condition they’re often picked in, they might not be as great as the in-season ones.
4) Size Isn’t All Too Important
Most people agree that smaller strawberries generally taste sweeter than the bigger ones. But the big ones can still taste great too, so don’t hesitate to add them to your basket.
Things like redness, freshness and plumpness of the berry are better determining factors, than just size, so remember to keep that in mind.
Storing Your Strawberries
Congratulations. Now that you’ve picked the best berries, you want to make sure they stay fresh and good for as long as possible, or until you’re ready to eat/use them.
Like other fresh produce, you certainly don’t want to leave them out in the open. Here are some useful tips to help you store your strawberries well, and get the most out of them.
1) Don’t wash until you’re ready to use them – It seems like common knowledge to wash your fruits before storing them in the refrigerator. But for strawberries, that may not be the best idea.
Considering how delicate they are, water will make them more likely to get mushy, and this can lead to the development of molds. Storing them dry in the refrigerator is best. Simply wash them before use.
2) Line the bottom of the container with a paper towel – Remember that strawberries do contain moisture, which in some cases, may leak out over time.
Paper towels at the bottom of the container helps absorb this moisture, and reduces the chances of mold formation.
3) Keeping it whole is best – Sure you may not want to eat the leaf of the strawberry, but plucking it off right away will only expose the interior and make it spoil faster.
Similarly slicing it up will only reduce its lifespan. Except of course you’re planning to freeze it. Then in that case, you can wash them, chop them up, and freeze them immediately.
Now that we know how to choose the best strawberries and how to properly store them, let’s look at all the amazing recipes we can make with them.
35 Amazing Strawberry Dessert Recipes
1) Easy Strawberry Shortcake
2) Easy Strawberry Fluff
3) Fresh Strawberry Bundt Cake
4) Strawberry Crumble
5) Strawberry Chocolate Brownie Trifle
6) Strawberry Lemon Blondies
7) Easy Fresh Strawberry Mousse
8) Healthy Strawberry Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding
9) Strawberry Fruit Dip
10) Fresh Strawberry Scones
11) Strawberry Bread
12) Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
13) Strawberry Cake Roll
14) No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Lasagna
15) No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
16) Vanilla Roasted Strawberries
17) Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes
18) Skinny Frozen Strawberry Bites
19) Strawberry Curd
20) Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream Bars
21) Strawberry Cake With Strawberry Buttercream
22) Strawberry Panna Cotta
23) The Best Ever Strawberry Milkshake
24) Strawberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars
25) Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
26) Strawberry Shortcake Cookies
27) Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
28) Vegan Strawberry Cupcakes
29) Strawberry Whipped Cream
30) Streusel-Topped Fresh Strawberry Pie
31) Strawberry Hand Pies
32) Strawberry Bliss Balls
33) Strawberry Sundae
34) Homemade Korean strawberry milk
35) Easy Strawberry Frozen Yogurt