This post may contain affiliate links. For more info, please read our full disclosure here
When it comes to losing weight and getting in shape, it’s never an easy thing. It takes guts, focus, persistence, and the right plan in place to get the desired results.
There are days where you’ll be pumped up and ready to sweat your ass off, and there are other days where you wonder if the whole thing is really worth it.
If there’s one thing I’m certain of, it’s that the benefits that come with having a fit and healthy body, far outweigh the struggles of the process.
And although the journey wasn’t necessarily meant to be easy, it sure is worth it.
No matter where you are in your weight loss/fitness journey, you could always use some good old motivation to keep the fire burning, and help you stay on track.
Here are 40 awesome fitness and weight loss motivational quotes that’ll help you get in shape.
40 Awesome Weight Loss Motivational Quotes
1) “Weight loss doesn’t begin in the gym with a dumb bell; it starts in your head with a decision.”
2) “If you have discipline, drive, and determination … nothing is impossible.”
Dana Linn Bailey
3) “Most people give up right before the big break comes — don’t let that person be you.”
4) “Fitness is like marriage, you can’t cheat on it and expect it to work.”
5) “If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you.”
6) To change your body you must first change your mind
7) “The groundwork of all happiness is health.”
– Leigh Hunt
8) “Don’t work out because you hate your body — work out because you love it.”
9) “Decide. Commit. Succeed.”
– Justin Seedman
10) “To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.”
– Steve Prefontaine
11) “When you feel like quitting, think about why you started.”
12) “Unless you puke, faint, or die, keep going!”
– Jillian Michaels
13) “If you only do what is easy, you will always remain weak.”
– Joyce Meyer
14) There are two kinds of pain: the pain of change and the pain of never changing and remaining the same.”
– Joyce Meyer
15) Whether you think you can or can’t, you’re right.”
– Henry Ford
16) Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.”
17) Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day-in and day-out.”
18) “Your goals are as good as your actions. No action taken, no goals achieved”
– Derric Yuh Ndim
19) “No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch.”
20) Nothing will work unless you do.”
21) “It’s going to be a journey. It’s not a sprint to get in shape.”
—Kerri Walsh Jennings
22) “Diets, like clothes, should be tailored to you.”
– Joan Rivers
23) “It’s not just about losing the weight; it’s about losing the lifestyle and mindset that got you there.”
– Steve Maraboli
24) “Motivation is what gets you started; habit is what keeps you going”
– Jim ryun
25) The only bad workout is the one that didn’t happen.
26) Be stronger than your excuses.
27) You get what you work for, not what you wish for
28) Losing weight is hard. Being overweight is hard. Choose your hard
29) “There are only two options regarding commitment; you’re either in or you’re out. There’s no such thing as life in-between.”
– Pat Riley
30) “Good habits are as addictive as bad habits. But far more rewarding.”
– Karen Salmansohn
31) “Results happen over time, not overnight. Work hard, stay consistent and be patient.” –
32) “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear.”
– Rosa Parks
33) Forget skinny. I’m training to be a fit badass
34) “I always believed if you take care of your body it will take care of you.”
– Ted Lindsay
35) “Weight loss is not impossible. Weight loss is hard, but hard is not the same as impossible.”
36) I’m not losing weight. I’m getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again
37) Strive For Progress, Not Perfection
38) The pain of the process is only temporary, but the feeling of achievement lasts forever
39) “Exercise should be regarded as a tribute to the heart.”
– Gene Tunney
40) You’re not going to get the butt you want by sitting on it
Remember to take it easy, one step at a time, and with proper planning.
You’ll get there eventually. I believe in you.
Don’t forget to save your favorite quotes or share with your friends to motivate them as well.