This post may contain affiliate links. For more info, please read our full disclosure here
There are times when it feel like we’re in a boxing ring, and life seems to be the one throwing all the punches.
We’ve all had those days, weeks or even months in our lives when it feels like we got played the wrong card, and nothing seems to be going our way.
And I understand these periods can be very difficult. But in times like this, I believe it is important to keep our heads up, and do our best to strive towards a better tomorrow.
Finding the motivation to keep pushing on in times like this, is very important. This motivation can come from friends, family, loved ones, or other sources.
Today, I want to share 50 inspirational quotes for people who may be going through dark and difficult times.
While I can’t reach out these to give you a physical hug, this is my little way of trying to let you know, that it’s all going to be okay.
Feel free to share these quotes with your friends, and family, and anyone else who needs this little dose of inspiration in their lives.
Getting Through Difficult Times
I’m currently writing this in July 2022. If you’re reading this anytime this year, then you know the past few months, and even years, have not exactly been the best for a lot of us.
We’ve really been through a lot, and a lot of us, are currently going through a lot too. That being said, regardless of whenever you’re viewing this, I just want to let you know that you’re not alone.
Tough times, whenever they arrive, can make it difficult for us to see the light at the end of the tunnel. But it’s still there, and there’s still some hope.
In times like this, we need to take things easy, and focus on the little things, and steps that can help us cope, and eventually make it through whatever it is we’re experiencing.
Some tips that can help us cope with tough times like this include;
Tips For Getting Through Hard Times
1) Reach out – No person is an island. We’re all social creatures. Staying in contact with good friends, family, and loved ones can help make it a little easier for us to mentally deal with whatever it is we’re going through.
2) Take things one day at a time – Sometimes, looking at the entirety of our condition can be discouraging and demoralizing. Taking things one day at a time can help us make little steps of progress that eventually lead to big results in the long run.
3) Find a healthy outlet – Hard times can make us feel really sad and/or frustrated. And the buildup of these negative emotions is never a good thing.
Finding a healthy way to deal with these emotions will help us retain our sanity, and put us in a much better position to work towards a solution.
4) Avoid unnecessary negativity – Good people can make bad times a little less miserable. And bad people, can make even good times unbearable. The worst combination to have, would be bad people in bad times.
Steering clear of unnecessary negativity during these difficult times will help improve your outlook on things, and can help give you the little push you need to get through it.
5) Seek professional help if needed – There’s absolutely nothing wrong with seeking professional help if you need it. We’re not always equipped to handle things on our own. So don’t be afraid to seek the help of someone who can help you out.
I hope you’re able to hang in there, and I hope you come out of whatever dark times you’re experiencing, much stronger, and better. With that being said, here are the 50 inspiring quotes for you to remember during these times.
50 Inspiring Quotes For Hard Times
1) Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one. – Bruce Lee.
2) When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. – Henry Ford.
3) “A problem is a chance for you to do your best.” – Duke Ellington
4) “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning how to dance in the rain.” – Vivian Greene
5) “Show me someone who has done something worthwhile, and I’ll show you someone who has overcome adversity.” — Lou Holtz
6) “Hard times don’t create heroes. It is during the hard times when the ‘hero’ within us is revealed.” — Bob Riley
7) “It’s funny how, when things seem the darkest, moments of beauty present themselves in the most unexpected places.” ― Karen Marie Moning
8) I walk slowly, but I never walk backward. ~ Abraham Lincoln.
9) Sometimes adversity is what you need to face in order to become successful. ~ Zig Ziglar
10) Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines. ~ Robert Schuller.
11) “Resilience is very different than being numb. Resilience means you experience, you feel, you fail, you hurt. You fall. But, you keep going.” — Yasmin Mogahed
12) “It’s your reaction to adversity, not adversity itself that determines how your life’s story will develop.” — Dieter F. Uchtdorf
13) Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it. ~ Helen Keller
14) I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it. ~ Maya Angelou.
15) I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. ~ Og Mandino.
Quotes That’ll Keep You Going
16) The Soul Would Have No Rainbow if the Eyes Had No Tears – John Vance Cheney
17) “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” — Michael Jordan
18) “Instead of worrying about what you cannot control, shift your energy to what you can create.” ― Roy T. Bennett
19) “Difficult roads always lead to beautiful destinations.” — Zig Ziglar
20) “Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.”- Mary Anne Radmacher
21) “Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine
22) “Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.” – J.K. Rowling
23) “When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven’t.” – Thomas Edison
24) “Why worry? If you’ve done the very best you can, worrying won’t make it any better.” – Walt Disney
25) “Life doesn’t get easier or more forgiving, we get stronger and more resilient.” ― Steve Maraboli
26) “The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.”– Chinese Proverb
27) “Every adversity, every failure, and every heartache, carries with it the seed of an equivalent or greater benefit.” — Napoleon Hill
28) “And one has to understand that braveness is not the absence of fear but rather the strength to keep on going forward despite the fear.” – Paulo Coelho
29) “You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.” – Bob Marley
30) “Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” – A. A. Milne
Quotes To Help You Push Through
31) “Remember: Every champion was once a contender that refused to give up.” – Rocky Balboa
32) “The world breaks everyone, and afterwards, some are strong at the broken places.” – Ernest Hemingway
33) “Feeling fear is human, but conquering it will make you feel empowered, courageous, and proud.” – Alex Niles
34) “A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.” — Christopher Reeve
35) “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” — Thomas Edison
36) “Do not judge me by my success, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.” — Nelson Mandela
37) “The human capacity for burden is like bamboo- far more flexible than you’d ever believe at first glance.”― Jodi Picoult
38) “We are not a product of what has happened to us in our past. We have the power of choice.”― Stephen Covey
39) “The difference between stumbling blocks and stepping stones is how you use them.” – Unknown
40) “He knows not his own strength who hath not met adversity.” – William Samuel Johnson
41) Prosperity is not without many fears and disasters; and adversity is not without comforts and hopes. – Francis Bacon
42) The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests. – Epicetus
43) “Inside of a ring or out, ain’t nothing wrong with going down. It’s staying down that’s wrong.” – Muhammad Ali
44) “By the darkness, stars are revealed.” — Evette Carter
45) “Remember that just because you hit bottom doesn’t mean you have to stay there.” — Robert Downey Jr
46) “What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you.”— Ralph Waldo Emerson
47) “Courage isn’t having the strength to go on – it is going on when you don’t have strength.” — Napoléon Bonaparte
48) “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.” — Louisa May Alcott
49) “In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” — Albert Einstein
50) “I will breathe. I will think of solutions. I will not let my worry control me. I will not let my stress level break me. I will simply breathe. And it will be okay. Because I don’t quit.”— Shayne McClendon