This post may contain affiliate links. For more info, please read our full disclosure here
The holiday season is just around the corner. And if you’re like most people, then Christmas is certainly one you’re looking forward to.
From the bounty of yummy treats, to sweet-sounding carols, and of course, fabulous decorations, there are just so many reasons we love Christmas.
Contrary to popular belief, putting up the best Christmas decorations doesn’t have to cost you a fortune.
You can still shower your home with the spirit of Christmas this year, without breaking the bank.
Here, you’ll discover a couple of simple tips to help you save money on your holiday decorations, as well as 40 fabulous DIY Christmas decor ideas to try out this year.
From table tops and centerpieces, to front porch decorations and much more. These festive decorations are super cheap and easy to make, and sure to leave your guests in awe.
Let’s get crafting.
Tips To Save Money On Your Christmas Decorations
We all know how expensive decor shopping can get, especially around the holiday season.
Even if you decide to make your own decorations at home, there’s still always some degree of shopping involved, at least to get the basic items.
Well not to worry. Here are some quick tips to help you get the most for your buck.
1) Repurpose Unused Household Items
You’d be surprised at the number of unused household items that’ll come in handy this season. Boxes, mason jars, bottles, and so on.
A lot of this stuff can easily be repurposed and redesigned to fit the occasion. All it takes is a little bit of creativity, and you’ll be surprised at the results.
So before you head out to the store, take a quick look around the house for possibly useful items. You’ll save more money at the end of the day.
2) Go Shopping Earlier
It’s no news that the price of seasonal decorations tend to fluctuate throughout the year.
As the holiday season draws nearer, decorations tend to become more expensive in a lot of stores.
One good way to save some bucks, is to go shopping a little earlier. Shopping even a couple of months prior will help you save some cash, avoid the price hike when the holidays actually arrive.
3) Dollar And Thrift Store Decorations
Sometimes, the price of holiday decorations listed in big stores is enough to send chills down your spine. Especially if you’re working on a tight budget.
Well, thank God for places like thrift stores and Dollar Tree where you can get a couple of good items at a much cheaper rate.
If you’re working on a budget, cheaper stores like this will certainly help you save a lot of money, while helping your house look fabulous.
You could also take advantage of coupons and discounts, which tend to be available during this season too.
Alright. Now that that’s out of the way, it’s time to get crafting. Here are 40 amazing DIY Christmas decorations to try out this year.
40 Cheap DIY Christmas Decorations
1) DIY Rustic Wood Candle Holders
2) Snowman Wine Bottles
With some paint, markers, ribbons and a beanie, you could easily recreate this snowman look. Pretty easy, and just plain adorable too.
3) Snowman Bottle
4) Wine Cork Wreath
All you need is some glue, and probably a wire wreath frame, or grapevine twig base to keep things sturdy. Add in your favorite ornaments for the complete look.
5) DIY Nordic Sweater Mini Christmas Trees
6) DIY Custom Christmas Stockings
7) DIY Snow Covered Pinecones
8) Pom Poms and Pinecones Christmas Ornaments
9) DIY Pom Pom Christmas Stocking
10) DIY Bundt Door Bells
11) Oversized Balloon Ornaments
12) DIY Versatile Snowman Wreath
13) Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Wreath
14) Christmas Tree Mason Jar Votive
15) Honeycomb Christmas Bulbs
16) Vintage Cookie Cutter Ornaments
17) DIY Christmas Scented Candle
18) DIY Pom Pom Christmas Tree
19) Embroidery Hoop Christmas Wreaths
20) Designer Christmas Tree From The Dollar Tree
21) Winter Vases Using Dollar Store Finds
22) Lighted Burlap Garland For Christmas
23) Chalk Pen Galvanized Buckets
24) Yarn Tree DIY with Twinkle Lights
25) Joy Embroidery Hoop Christmas Wreath
26) Felt And Pine Cone Elves
27) Tin Can Snowman
28) DIY Embroidery Hoop Christmas Ornaments
29) Christmas Tire Ornaments
30) Fabric Covered Poster Board Christmas Tree Cones
31) Festive & Frugal Christmas Porch Décor
32) DIY Mason Jar Light
33) Light-Up Porch Presents
34) Clothespin Wreath
35) Glitter Candles
36) Snowman Door
37) Tea Light Snowman Ornaments
38) Creative Christmas Front Door Décor
39) DIY Wine Cork Snowman Christmas Tree Ornaments
40) DIY Button Christmas Trees
Spice up your home this year with these awesome festive decorations. Which one was your favorite? Let me know down below.