25 DIY Body Scrubs To Help You Reclaim Your Natural Glow
This post may contain affiliate links. For more info, please read our full disclosure here
Having clear, vibrant and healthy skin is something we all desire. That’s why proper skin care is important.
And when it comes to taking care of your skin, there’s no denying the many benefits of exfoliation.
Body scrubs are one of the best ways to exfoliate your skin, clear out dead cells, and keep it looking fresh and supple.
While you can find a wide variety of body scrubs in stores and cosmetic shops, homemade scrubs are much cheaper and easier to make, as well as easy to customize to your specific needs.
If you’re looking for the perfect body scrubs to add to your skin care routine, then you’re in the right place.
In this post, you’ll learn their benefits, how to use them, as well as 25 amazing DIY body scrub recipes to help you reclaim your natural glow.
Let’s dive in.
Why Exfoliation Is Important
Like I said earlier, body scrubs are an excellent way to exfoliate (clear out dead skin cells from the body surface).
While your skin usually sheds its own dead cells, this process isn’t as effective for everyone. This could be due to a number of factors like age, sun exposure, dehydration, certain skin conditions, and so on. 
This buildup of dead cells can cause your skin to look dull, dry or even flaky. That’s where proper exfoliation comes in.
Done either through physical means, like body scrubs, brushes, etc. or chemical means like the use exfoliating creams, it can serve as a great way to ensure those dead skin cells are cleared out.
In addition to that, exfoliation can also help unclog your pores, and increase the efficacy of your various skin care products.
Now that we know how good exfoliation is (via body scrubs or other means), how often should we do it?
How Often Should You Exfoliate
While regular exfoliation is important for skin health, you certainly don’t want to be overdoing it, as this can be counterproductive.
When it comes to how often you should exfoliate for optimum results, there’s no “one size fits all” answer. The recommended frequency can vary, based on your skin type, or the type of exfoliant you’re using.
For example, people with oily skin can generally get away with exfoliating up to 3 times a week. But for people with dry or sensitive skin, they may need to bring it down to once or twice a week. 
When in doubt, don’t hesitate to reach out to your dermatologist for further clarifications.
How To Make Your Own Body Scrub
While you’ll find a wide variety of body scrubs at your local cosmetic stores and supermarkets, making your own homemade scrub does come with its perks.
Not only are they cheaper and super easy to make, but they’re also easy to customize to your skin type and specific needs.
This is especially important for people who have sensitive skin, or people who may be allergic to certain ingredients used in regular store-bought versions.
So what ingredients do you need to make your own DIY body scrub?
DIY Body Scrub Ingredients
Most body scrubs are made up of 3 or 4 main parts.
- Base exfoliant
- Carrier oil
- Fragrance (optional)
- Additional add-ons
1) Base Exfoliant – This is where the main texture of the scrub comes from. Different types of Salt (sea salt, Himalayan, Epsom etc.) and sugar (brown, white, cane, etc.) act as the main base exfoliant for most scrubs.
2) Carrier oil – These aid the application of the scrub on your skin. They also come with their own benefits, and there are lots of options to choose from.
Popular options include coconut oil, jojoba oil, almond oil, olive oil, grapeseed oil and so on. Here’s a list of 10 best carrier oils to use for healthy skin.
3) Fragrance – While this is optional in most cases, a lot of people love to add a bit of fragrance to their scrub. This can be in the form of essential oils, herbs, peppermint, citrus extracts, or other nice-scenting products.
4) Optional add-ins – these basically cover any other ingredients that could improve the aesthetics and/or benefits of the scrub. Ingredients like honey, charcoal, baking soda, oatmeal, apple cider vinegar and so on can be used here.
As you can see, making your own homemade scrub is way easier than it seems.
If you’re looking for some amazing DIY body scrub ideas to try, then look no further. Here are 25 incredible DIY body scrub recipes that’ll give your skin the radiant glow it deserves.
25 DIY Body Scrub Recipes
1) Spiced Vanilla Homemade Sugar Scrub
Get the recipe at – Sanctuary Home Decor
2) Homemade Body Scrub with Brown Sugar and Coconut Oil
Get the recipe at – Perry’s Plate
3) DIY Chocolate Coconut Body Scrub
Get the recipe at – Lexi’s Clean Kitchen
4) DIY Coconut Sugar Scrub
Get the recipe at – The Novice Chef
5) DIY Lavender Sugar Scrub For Body
Get the recipe at – Lose Weight By Eating
Also See: 5 Healthy Daily Habits To Adopt For Clear And Radiant Skin
6) Homemade Chocolate Coconut Sugar Scrub
Get the recipe at – How Sweet Eats
7) Whipped Peppermint Sugar Scrub
Get the recipe at – The Idea Room
8) Pomegranate Sugar Scrub
Get the recipe at – Place Of My Taste
9) Margarita Sugar Scrub
Get the recipe at – The Kreative Life
10) DIY Cherry Blossom Sugar Scrub
Get the recipe at – Le Zoe Musings
Also See: 10 Best Natural Oils To Use For A Healthy Skin
11) DIY Strawberry Sugar Scrub
Get the recipe at – Mommy Musings
12) Maple Almond Sugar Scrub
Get the recipe at – Dear Crissy
13) Honey and Oatmeal Scrub
Get the recipe at – Sprinkle Of Green
14) Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub
Get the recipe at – 2 Bees In A Pod
15) DIY Mint Sugar Scrub
Get the recipe at – Love Grows Wild
Also see: 10 Best Foods To Eat For Healthy Glowing Skin
16) Fresh Cucumber Mint Sugar Scrub
Get the recipe at – The Country Chic Cottage
17) DIY Piña Colada Sugar Scrub
Get the recipe at – Salty Canary
18) Salt Scrub
Get the recipe at – The Healthy Maven
19) Rosemary and Lemon Salt Scrub
Get the recipe at – The Everyday Home
20) Coconut Tangerine Sugar Scrub
Get the recipe at – A Pumpkin And A Princess
21) Rose & Oat Salt Scrub
Get the recipe at – My Tiny Laguna Kitchen
22) Relaxing Epsom Salt Scrub
Get the recipe at – The Coconut Mama
23) Homemade Coffee Body Scrub
Get the recipe at – The Edgy Veg
24) Whipped Grapefruit Mint Sugar Scrub
Get the recipe at – The Kitchen McCabe
25) Lemon Meringue Sugar Scrub
Get the recipe at – Sprinkle Some Fun
Reclaim your natural glow, with these amazing DIY Body scrubs. Which one of them is your favorite? Let me know down below.