This post may contain affiliate links. For more info, please read our full disclosure here
If there’s one thing every awesome party ought to have, it’s a delicious and good-looking charcuterie board, right at the center of the snack table.
No matter the occasion, charcuterie boards are a brilliant way to wow your guests, and also easily appeal to a wide variety of taste buds.
While these yummy boards/trays of variety may look a little intimidating, I can assure you they’re one of the easiest things to put together.
If you’re looking for the best charcuterie board ideas for your next event or gathering, then you’re in the right place.
In this post, you’ll learn how to make the perfect charcuterie board, as well as 35 incredible charcuterie board recipes that are so good, you’ll want to try them today.
From meat-filled ideas to vegetarian, paleo, keto, vegan, whole30 and more. There’s something for everyone, and for every craving.
Let’s get right into it.
How To Build The Perfect Charcuterie Board
While the word “Charcuterie” usually refers to cured meats like bacon and salami, the boards/trays themselves usually contains a variety of other foods too, like fruits, candy, biscuits, cheese and so on.
Depending on the occasion and/or your preferences, there are lots of amazing ways to build your board, and lots of amazing food combinations to try out too.
When it comes to things like this, feel free let your culinary creativity run wild. Some of the popular food items used in building a charcuterie board include;
1) Cured Meat
Since the name literally refers to cured meats, it only makes sense that they’ll be one of the most popular ingredients used here. Things like bacon, salami, ham, sausage, Prosciutto, pepperoni and so on are all popular options to enjoy.
If you’d like to experiment with a variety or combination of cured meats, here’s a list of 50 different types of cured meats for you to try out.
These are the second most popular food items you’d find in a charcuterie board. When it comes to your choice of cheese, there are also lots of variations to try out.
You could go for soft cheeses like feta and brie, semi-soft ones like cheddar, or hard ones like Pecorino and Mimolette. Most people like to mix things up by picking a few from each category.
3) Fruits and veggies
If you love a balance of sweet and savory on your plate, then adding fruits into the mix is a great idea. Their naturally sweet taste makes them a great option for your snack tray. Fruits like apples, olives, berries, grapes, etc. are very popular options.
Veggies also don’t need to get left out. There are lots of tasty veggies you could still add to your tray. Bell peppers, cucumber slices, carrots, celery sticks, etc. are all great options as well.
Other popular ingredients include;
4) Biscuits, chips and crackers –They always make a great addition to your snack tray. Feel free to decorate your board with your favorite chips, crackers, breadsticks, and so on.
5) Dips and condiments – With biscuits, chips and veggie slices lying around, it only makes sense to have a couple of dips to pair with them. Here are 28 incredible dip options to try out.
6) Seafood – Cured meats aren’t the only proteins that deserve to go on your food tray. Seafood like shrimp, scallops, crab, mussels, and so on can also be enjoyed.
7) Nuts and seeds
8) Candy, cookies, pretzels, and other tasty snacks/treats
Like I said earlier, there are only so many things you can add to your board. Feel free to experiment with your favorite foods and snacks.
Now, time for some yummy inspiration. Here are 35 incredible charcuterie board ideas you’re going to want to try out.
35 Charcuterie Board Ideas
1) Charcuterie Board
2) Italian Charcuterie Board
3) Simple Charcuterie Board
4) Holiday Charcuterie Board
5) Vegan “Charcuterie” Board
6) Simple Cheese Board
7) Dinner-Worthy Charcuterie Board
8) Vegetarian Charcuterie Board
9) Thanksgiving Charcuterie Board
10) Gluten Free Charcuterie Board
11) Vegan Charcuterie Board
12) Sweet and Salty Snack Board
13) Keto Charcuterie Board
14) Easy Keto Charcuterie Board
15) Charcuterie Board Ideas for Summer Entertaining
16) Individual Charcuterie Boards
17) Easter Charcuterie Board
18) Halloween Charcuterie Board
19) Harvest Charcuterie Board For Fall
20) Aldi Charcuterie Board
21) Whole30 Snack Board
22) Fully-Loaded Bagel Bar
23) Holiday Smoked Salmon Board
24) Seafood Party Platter with Three Dips
25) Dessert Charcuterie Board
26) Holiday Dessert Charcuterie Board
27) Valentine Charcuterie Board
28) DIY Valentine’s Day Dessert Charcuterie Board
29) Sweet Charcuterie Board
30) Fall Dessert Charcuterie Board
31) Hot Chocolate Dessert Charcuterie Board
32) Dessert Board With Cranberry Chocolate Truffles
33) Super Sunday Snack Board
34) Thanksgiving Snack Board
35) Easy Breakfast Charcuterie Board
Which of these amazing charcuterie boards are you trying next? Let me know down in the comments