30 Powerful Quotes For Personal Growth And Improvement
This post may contain affiliate links. For more info, please read our full disclosure here
Growth is one of the many characteristics of life as we know it. It is something we see every day around us.
The seeds you plant today grow into huge trees tomorrow. Those cute little kittens you love grow into adorable cats. And that tiny baby human grows into fully capable adult in a matter of years.
It’s a natural process of life. And as humans, it is something we also desire, and strive towards.
But this process isn’t just limited to the physical things. Growth can also occur in other areas of our lives. Emotionally, mentally, financially, spiritually, you name it.
But unlike the physical growth that is pretty much biological, and automatic given the right conditions, growth in other aspects of our lives is a bit more conscious, and requires a bit of effort.
I know how challenging this process is for a lot of people, and I’ve gathered a nice collection of amazing quotes to cheer you on along the way.
Here are 30 inspiring quotes about personal growth, and self-improvement you need to see today.
30 Quotes For Personal Growth And Development
1) “Change is inevitable. Growth is optional.”
– John Maxwell
2) “Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.”
– Les Brown
3) “We are products of our past, but we don’t have to be prisoners of it.”
– Rick Warren
4) “Growth can be painful, change can be painful but nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don’t belong.”
– Charles H. Spurgeon
5) The biggest room in the world is the room for improvement.
– Jeremiah Say
6) We can’t become what we need to be by remaining what we are.
– Oprah Winfrey
7) “Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
8) “Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.”
― Albert Einstein
9) “A challenge only becomes an obstacle when you bow to it.”
– Ray Davis
10) “A bend in the road is not the end of the road…Unless you fail to make the turn.”
– Helen Keller
11) “He who conquers himself is the mightiest warrior.”
12) “It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”
― Lewis Carroll
13) “The only time you fail is when you fall down and stay down.”
― Stephen Richards
14) “Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.”
– Julie Andrews
15) “Accept challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory.”
– George S. Patton
16) “Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.”
– A.A. Milne
17) “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
― George Bernard Shaw
18) “I must be willing to give up what I am in order to become what I will be.”
— Albert Einstein
19) “If there is no struggle, there is no progress.”
― Frederick Douglass
20) “It’s not who you are that holds you back, it’s who you think you’re not.”
― Denis Waitley
21) “You cannot dream yourself into a character, you must hammer and forge yourself into one.”
– James Anthony Froude
22) “When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.”
23) Don’t compare yourself with other people; compare yourself with who you were yesterday
― Jordan Peterson
24) “Treat yourself as you are, and you will remain as you are. Treat yourself as you could be, and you will become what you should be.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
25) “Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
– Maya Angelou
26) “If you want to fly, you have to give up the things that weigh you down.
– Toni Morrison
27) “There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind.”
28) It is hard to fail but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.
― Theodore Roosevelt
29) If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn’t lead anywhere.
― Frank A. Clark
30) “If we don’t change, we don’t grow. If we don’t grow, we aren’t really living.”
― Gail Sheehy