This post may contain affiliate links. For more info, please read our full disclosure here
Mushrooms are healthy for your heart aid in weight loss and have a couple of other interesting benefits. And a healthy turkey soup is just worth the crave every now and then.
This simple keto mushroom soup made with white mushrooms and riced cauliflower is a perfect blend of delicious, healthy and keto for you.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- 2 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup finely diced red onion
- 1 large stalks celery, diced small
- 1 Cup white mushrooms, chopped
- 1 lb. ground turkey (85% lean)
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 6 cup chicken broth, preferably organic½ cup heavy cream, tempered*
- 1 12-oz. bag frozen riced cauliflower
- 2 cup Italian blend cheese, shredded, divided
- 3 Tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
*To prevent curdling, add a small of hot liquid from skillet to heavy cream before adding it to the soup.
1 .. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and celery and sauté, stirring frequently, until the veggies are soft, approximately 4-5 minutes.
2. Add the mushrooms, ground turkey, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, and onion powder to the skillet. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring frequently, until the turkey is no longer pink and the mushrooms start to release their juices, approximately 5-7 minutes.
3. Reduce heat to medium and add chicken stock. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Add a spoonful of the hot liquid to the heavy cream to temper it before adding it to the skillet, as well. Stir to combine and simmer for another 1-2 minutes.
4. Add frozen cauliflower rice and 1½ cups of the shredded cheese to skillet and stir to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until cauliflower is heated through and cheese is completely melted. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.
5. Remove from heat and transfer to individual soup bowls. To serve, top each bowl with remaining cheese and fresh parsley, if desired. Enjoy!
- Total Carbs: 7.29g
- Fiber: 2g
- Net Carbs: 5.29g
- Total Fat: 22.4g
- Protein: 22.1g
- Calories: 288