This easy and delicious sausage keto sausage soup recipe makes the perfect comfort meal on a low carb keto diet. It doesn’t need to simmer for hours to develop great flavor.
Thanks to a satisfying combination of spicy Poblano pepper, classic herbs, and an interesting blend of spices, this soup delivers lots of fantastic flavor in just over half an hour.
This soup is great as a hearty appetizer or as a satisfying light meal when paired with a green salad. As an added bonus, it tastes even better as leftovers for lunch the next day!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35-40 minutes
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. pork sausage
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- ½ medium Poblano pepper, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 6 cup organic sugar-free chicken stock
- 2 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup Cheddar Jack cheese, shredded
1.) Heat olive oil in a large soup pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sausage is no longer pink inside, approximately 5 minutes. As the sausage cooks, break it into small pieces with a wooden spoon.
2) Add the red and Poblano pepper, celery, basil, oregano, rosemary, chili powder, cumin, and cinnamon to the pot. Generously season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the veggies have softened, around 5-6 minutes.
3) Add the chicken stock and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the spinach and cook for another 4-5 minutes, or just until the spinach wilts.
4) Remove from heat and serve immediately, topped with shredded Cheddar Jack cheese and some additional diced Poblano pepper, if desired. Enjoy!
Nutritional info per serving
- Total carbs: 3.9 g
- Fiber: 1.3 g.
- Net carbs: 2.6 g
- Total Fat: 27.8g
- Protein: 20.5g
- Calories: 350
If you loved this, feel free to pin it and share it with your friends. For more easy and delicious keto recipes, check out our recipes and recipe collections.
Fat burning on keto made easier
For the best of easy, simple and delicious recipes to help you lose weight on keto, check out the keto in 5 cookbook bundle
- 120 delicious keto recipes
- 5 ingredients per recipe
- Maximum of 5g net carbs
- 5 simple steps per recipe
- All macros calculated
Make recipes simpler and fat burning easier on keto.