25 Incredible Kabob Recipes – The Best Skewer Recipes For Summer
This post may contain affiliate links. For more info, please read our full disclosure here
Kabobs, Kebabs, whatever you want to call them. Food on skewers are an absolute delight, especially during the summertime.
Apart from the fact that they are so easy to assemble and require way less cleanup than regular dishes, they’re also no denying that they’re pretty darn delicious.
Whether you’re looking for to prepare a delicious and satisfying summertime dinner for the entire family, or even some yummy treats or snacks, skewer meals are certainly the way to go.
In this post, you’ll discover 25 easy and delicious kabob recipes that are just too good to resist.
From quick and easy dinners you could whip up in in a jiffy, to tasty appetizers and treats you could surprise your guests with at your next event or get together.
One thing for sure, is that you’ll be trying these on repeat. They’re really just that good.
Let’s dive in.
DIY Kabobs/Kebabs – What You’ll Need
Building your own kabobs is pretty easy, and really hard to miss. A regular skewer recipe cooked on the grill or in the oven consists of something like this;
- Meat or protein
- Veggies of choice
For the protein, you have lots of options to choose from. Beef, chicken, shrimp, scallops, turkey, you name it.
If you’re vegetarian or vegan, you can leave out the meat part, and opt in for some vegan-friendly options like tofu, tempeh and seitan which similarly hold well on the grill too.
There are also a multitude of tasty vegetables to choose from. While seasonal veggies like zucchinis and yellow squash, and others like peppers, onions and tomatoes tend to be popular, you can always feel free to throw in your favorites.
Fruits can also be added, depending on the situation. For example, treats like fruit kabobs can be made pretty simply with a variety of fruits, and with no grilling required.
Alternatively, some fruits may be used in combination with the meats and veggies. Fruits like pineapple can add a yummy tropical flavor to your BBQ.
The marinade is where it gets really interesting, because that is where majority of the flavor will comes from.
You want to make sure your marinade is packing that juicy yummy flavor that’ll leave everyone asking for more. You can choose between store-bought and homemade marinades. Either is fine.
If you prefer to make your own at home, there are so many good options and variations to try out. Here’s a collection of 33 kick-ass BBQ marinades you’ve got to try.
Skewers – Wooden or Metal?
There are 2 main types of skewers used when grilling. Wooden and metal. Both are perfectly fine and can help deliver tasty meals.
However, since wooden skewers are typically made from wood, which is flammable (especially when dry), it is generally recommended to not use them dry.
Rather, soaking them in water for about half an hour beforehand helps prevent them from getting burnt while on the grill.
Extra Tips For Making The Best Kabobs
Now that you’ve got the basics all figured out, here are some extra tips that will help you out during your next BBQ grilling session.
1) Cut evenly – if you’re going for a mix of meats and veggies, remember to cut them out into similar sizes, since this will help them cook more uniformly
2) Marinate well – while you can toss the meat/protein into the marinate and simply transfer it to the fire, allowing the meats to marinate for at least an hour or 2 can help them properly soak in the flavor, making them come out more delicious in the end.
3) Take note of cooking times – some foods cook faster than others. In order to avoid overcooking or undercooking a certain one, you can try grouping them based on how quickly they cook.
Ingredients with similar cook times can be combined on the same skewer. Foods with very different cooking times can be cooked on separate skewers.
4) Don’t forget to turn the food often – This enables the food to cook evenly on all sides
Now that that’s all said and done, let’s dive into the amazingly delicious skewer recipes for you to enjoy.
BBQ Kabob/Kebab Recipes
Feast your eyes (and forks) on these lovelies. Each recipe is unique in its composition and combination of ingredients. Feel free to try them all. J
1) Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs
Get the recipe at – She Wears Many Hats
2) Marinated Steak Kabobs
Get the recipe at – House Of Nash Eats
3) Grilled Steak Kebabs
Get the recipe at – Life In The Lofthouse
4) Middle Eastern-Style Grilled Chicken Kabobs
Get the recipe at – Once Upon A Chef
5) Persian Chicken Kabob
Get the recipe at – Silk Road Recipes
Also See: 30 Healthy Grilling Recipes You Need To Try This Summer
6) Grilled Cajun Shrimp Kebab
Get the recipe at – Gimme Delicious
7) Honey Garlic Chicken Kebab (with simple 5 ingredient marinade)
Get the recipe at – Thriving Home
8) Coconut Pineapple Shrimp Skewers
Get the recipe at – Well Plated
9) Teriyaki Sausage and Chicken Kabobs
Get the recipe at – Gimme Some Grilling
10) Barbecue Tofu Veggie Skewers
Get the recipe at – Lasting Ingredient
Also See: 30 Amazing Foil Packet Dinner Recipes You Need In Your Life
11) Peruvian Grilled Chicken Skewers
Get the recipe at – The Café Sucre Farine
12) Grilled Vegetables Skewers
Get the recipe at – Foodie Crush
13) Grilled Tandoori Chicken Skewers
Get the recipe at – Whole and Heavenly Oven
14) Sambal Chicken Skewers
Get the recipe at – Bon Appetit
15) Chicken Tikka Kebab
Get the recipe at – Piping Pot Curry
Also See: 25 Amazing Pasta Salad Recipes That’ll Satisfy Your Cravings
16) Sesame & Peanut Tempeh Skewers
Get the recipe at – Full Of Plants
17) Vegan Grilled Kielbasa & Vegetable Kebab
Get the recipe at – Simple Veganista
18) Chili-Lime Peach And Tofu Skewers With Sweet Sesame Glaze
Get the recipe at – Dishing Out Health
19) Spiced Sweet Potato and Bacon Skewers
Get the recipe at – Home Cooking Memories
20) Bacon Wrapped Chicken Skewers
Also See: 25 Delicious Fruit Salad Recipes You Have Got To Try
21) Pineapple Salmon Skewers
22) Ahi Tuna and Cremini Mushroom Skewers
Get the recipe at – The View From Great Island
23) Grilled Salmon Kabobs
Get the recipe at – Simply Whisked
24) Grilled Chimichurri Chicken Skewers
Get the recipe at – Brazilian Kitchen Abroad
25) Beef, Fig and Red Onion Balsamic Skewers
Get the recipe at – Every Last Bite
Which of these are you trying next? Let me know down below.