This post may contain affiliate links. For more info, please read our full disclosure here
This yummy keto egg roll in a bowl can be enjoyed as a simple keto lunch or dinner recipe. In less than 30 minutes, you can easily prepare this delicious keto meal.
Egg roll in a bowl recipes are examples of simple low carb and keto friendly crack slaw recipes out there. It combines the nutritional value of certain beefs alongside with lots of healthy vegetables to give you a healthy yet delicious mixture.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 10-15 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 1¼ lb. spicy bulk pork sausage
- ¼ cup water
- 3 cup green cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbs toasted sesame oil
- ½ Tbs fresh ginger, finely minced
- 2 Tbs green onions, chopped
- 1 Tbs rice vinegar
- 2 Tbs coconut aminos or tamari
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Optional garnish: 1 Tbs toasted sesame seeds
1.. Heat a large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook, breaking the meat into small pieces as it cooks, for approximately 5-6 minutes. Once sausage is no longer pink, remove from heat and carefully drain excess grease from pan.
Safety Tip: Wipe off any excess fat that drips down the side of the pan before returning to burner.
2. Return skillet to heat. Add water and scrape up brown bits from the bottom of the pan with a spatula. Reduce heat to medium and add shredded cabbage, carrots, garlic powder, sesame oil, ginger, and green onions.
3. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook, stirring frequently, until the cabbage wilts and the carrot softens, approximately 4-5 minutes.
4. Add rice vinegar and coconut aminos and stir to combine. Cook another 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat and transfer to a serving platter or bowl. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, if using, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Nutritional Info per serving
- Total Carbs: 8.1g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Net Carbs: 5.9g
- Total Fat: 13.9g
- Protein: 7g
- Calories: 180